Microsoft SharePoint Administration Toolkit v3.0
So the other day Kelley Vice announced a new SharePoint Diagnostics tool (http://blogs.technet.com/tothesharepoint/archive/2009/02/05/3197739.aspx) to help many of us with SharePoint reporting capability and adminstration. This was added to the new version of the SharePoint Administration toolkit found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=412a9ef1-3358-4420-b820-0ca3f4641651&displaylang=en (x86) and here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=be58d769-2516-43cb-9890-3f79304528ff&DisplayLang=en (x64)
With SPDiag v1.0, you can:
- Collect IIS and ULS log files, performance counter data, event logs, and WMI instrumentation data from a SharePoint farm.
- Filter data to show granular information related to specific servers, Web applications, HTTP requests, event IDs, URI queries, and almost any other data points captured through supported channels.
- Create custom reports that can help reveal performance trends over time.
- Create snapshots of your SharePoint farm that include detailed information about your farm’s hardware, installed software and logical topology.
- Export collected data and reports that can be sent to Microsoft support personnel.
For those not familiar with the SharePoint Administration Toolkit here is a short listing of it’s features:
- MSI Switches and Arguements (WSS and MOSS)
- User Profile Replication Engine (MOSS only)
- Batch Site Manager (WSS and MOSS)
- Updatealert stsadm operation (WSS and MOSS)
- SP Diagnostics
Hope you download and enjoy the use of the tool,